Being baptized is an important step for every Christian to take. It is an outward symbol of the inner commitment to Jesus. Because of this, we think a celebration is in order whenever someone in the FreeChurch family makes this public declaration!
There are three steps to being baptized at FreeChurch.net:
- Attend the informational baptism class.
- Fill out a baptism form and testimony.
- Record a testimony video.
What is Baptism?
- Baptism is a symbol of one’s new life as a follower of Christ.
(2 Corinthians 5:17 NIV)
- Baptism is the symbol of the new covenant. (Colossians 2:11–14 NLT)
- Baptism symbolizes Christ’s death and resurrection. (Romans 6:4 NLT)
Jesus Commanded It
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. (Matthew 28:19–20 NIV)
Jesus Led By Example
When all the people were being baptized, Jesus was baptized too. (Luke 3:21 NIV)
We Celebrate It!
Through baptism, we celebrate Christ’s resurrection, reminding us of our new life in Christ. This is a celebration, so invite your friends and family to be a part of this special occasion!
Email Office@FreeChurch.net for more info.